Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks
02 Jul Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks
Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks is the manufacturer. We are one of only a handful of custom drapery manufacturers in Southern California.
People don’t realize how much is involved in making custom draperies in Thousand Oaks.
1) Thousand Oaks Custom Drapery Design – Commercial or residential? What fits and doesn’t fit? What type of drape and style go best in your area. Center opening? Wand or traverse rod cord? Tiebacks? Stack right or stack left? Swags? Jabots? Valances? Pleating: two finger, three finger? Four finger? French? Cartridge? Butterfly? Goblet? Windsor? Inverted?
2) Measuring – Will the custom drapes be too tall? Too short? Are your Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks measured wall to wall or just the framing of the window? How far above the window are the rods to be placed? Where will the stack back be?
3) Manufacturing Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks in Thousand Oaks– Special cutting tables are needed that extend the length of the height of the ceiling of your room. Straight stitch single needle for thin fabrics and a different machine for thicker fabrics or added lining. A Tacker, Pleater, Blind Stitch, and Overlock machines? What will be the Header and Hem?
4) Rods and rings – Pull wand or traverse rod? Iron? Wood? Crystal? What type and style of finials?
5) Installation – How high? Ease of use? Licensed and insured? Did you know you need a C62, D51 contractors license to install draperies?
As you can see, there are lots of questions and a lot is involved in the Custom Drapes Thousand Oaks process. It’s not a simple thing and not something that most people realize was involved when they started. When someone asks me for a quote, it’s hard to give a quick estimate because there are so many options that you as the customer have to choose. There are a lot of different types of Window Coverings in Thousand Oaks: blinds, shades, shutters to name a few. We sell and do everything you can imagine for Window Treatments in Thousand Oaks. A true professional can analyze the situation and figure out what is best for each Thousand Oaks window covering throughout your home. I had a customer recently use five different types of Window Coverings throughout their home because different rooms had different designs and different situations.
I live off of Hillcrest and even though I sell Window Treatments in Thousand Oaks, I waited a long time to install my window coverings. As soon as I put my window coverings up, I realized how my house was finally made into a home. I waited a long time to install my window coverings, and I always tell people how not to make the same mistake I did because it made such a huge difference in my living environment. I know I am biased, but my intentions are sincere in making your space the most beautiful, functional, and comfortable your home can be.