Chadar Trek Lifesaver Tips for Exercising Precaution While Trekking
Chadar Trek is undoubtedly one of the most adventurous treks and also for people who live in cities and need a break away from the hustle and bustle of city life and have been seeking an opportunity to have freedom from their hard-working lives for a short while, this trek is a must. On completion of the trek, you are going to realize the immense beauty of pristine nature and why it needs to be protected. This trek is not like other treks as it involves walking on a frozen Zanskar river at an altitude of 13,000 ft for days in sub-zero temperatures at around -25 degrees Celsius. The experience of walking on an aqua-blue ice trail between mountains along with a cold breeze is an experience within itself. Also, if you are thinking of embarking on this trek, it is recommended to have proper guidance before beginning this trek. Make sure that you follow all the below discussed precautions while taking the frozen river trek.
- You should share your schedule to go on Chadar Trek with at least one friend or family member. Doing the same ensures that you have someone to help in case of an emergency.
- It is advisable to carry warm clothes as there is a high probability of the temperature dropping extremely low.
- Travelers are suggested to carry ample quantities of edible food and water with them, as there might be a shortage of food and water during the trek.
- Don’t forget to carry a first-aid kit and medicines, as the travelers will be involved in activities that require a lot of exertion and might give you minor bruises and cuts during the trek.
- Ensure that the trail of the trek remains clean and do not pollute the trail or dump anything during the trek.
- Trekkers are also advised not to use shampoos and soaps at waterfalls.
- One should respect all religious faiths and the calmness of all the shrines that fall en route.
- One should not disobey or disregard any of the instructions and tips given by the guide.
- Avid skipping any of the meals during the trek as the intense terrain of the Chadar trek will require trekkers to have a high amount of energy.
Are you wondering what is the best time to take Chadar Trek? The best time to go on Chadar Trek is considered to be the winter season between the months of January and February. At this time, the Zanskar River is considered safe and suitable for walking. Make sure that you follow all the lifesaver tips discussed above while walking on the frozen river trek.